AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
Antibiotic drop 4 times per day for 1 week
Steroid drop 4 times per day for 1 week
Systane(Artificial Tear) +4 times Day for 2 Weeks then as needed
PLACE 1 DROP OF EACH AS INSTRUCTED
WAIT 3 MINUTES BETWEEN EACH KIND OF DROP
WHAT TO EXPECT
It is normal for your vision to be blurred and for your eyes to burn and feel irritated the day of surgery. Your primary goal is to keep the eyes closed as much as possible while starting your eye drops 4 times daily as instructed above. Dry eyes and light sensitivity is to be expected and will improve with time.
- DO NOT SQUEEZE OR SQUINT YOUR EYES tightly for 48 hours and DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES FOR 2 WEEKS
- Take over-the-counter pain medication such as Tylenol PM up to every 4 hours if needed.
- No eye makeup for 5-7 days following surgery.
- Caution should be taken when bathing as to not get anything in the eyes including tap water for the first 2 weeks.
- Proper measures should be taken to avoid sweat getting into the eyes for 2 weeks (I.E. wear a ball cap, sweatband, or towel off frequently).
- Protective eye shields are to be worn at night for 7 nights.
- You may resume normal activities as you feel comfortable doing so. Eye protection should be worn when participating in ball included sports and in windy or dusty environments.
- Wait 3 weeks before underwater swimming in a pool and 4 weeks for the ocean, lake or river to avoid a bacterial infection. No scuba diving or sky diving for 1 month after surgery if you so choose.
- Wait 2 weeks before using a tanning bed.
- Post-op visits are at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and 1year.
Prescription drug allergy symptoms include:
Rash, Itching and Redness around the eyes. Call immediately if these symptoms occur.